November 13, 2013

Blogging Challenge 9: Part A

I did two different great post for blogging challenge. Here is the first great post.


                   Why Stereotype?
Have you ever been the victim of stereotyping, or have you witnessed someone else stereotyping others? Towards the end of my fifth grade year at Riverside Intermediate School. I witnessed people stereotyping a kindergarten girl, and it was time to come to a change.
It was one beaming afternoon the sun shining brightly on the windows of the yellow school bus. I went very rapidly up the stairs of the bus. I could smell the sweet smell of chocolate. I went to find a seat to save for my friend Brisa and I. A few minutes later she came running faster than a cheetah onto the bus. She seemed very excited.
“Hey Breana,” she said.
“Hello Brisa,” I replied.
All of the kids that went to Washington came onto the bus. They all got onto the bus in a very speedy quick amount of time. We were sitting in our seat that we had always sat in. We look down the aisle and we see Logan. She was wearing her usual Batman jacket, Batman shoes, and Batman backpack that she really deeply loved.
“Brisa! Logan just got on the bus and she sat with her brother Dominic and some other boy that I don’t know by name.” I told her.
“He’s the girl Molly’s younger brother, but I don’t know his name either.” she said.
“Oh, well I am hearing Dominic yelling at him, but I couldn’t hear the conversation clearly. I said.
Then I told my older sister because I needed to find someone to fix it because we found out that he was making fun of Logan because she liked batman and was wearing the jacket, backpack, and the shoes. As we were getting ready to get off the bus my older sister went up the the kid who was stereotyping Logan that she told him to stop because it doesn’t matter what you like or wear as long as she likes it it doesn’t matter. As we were getting off of the bus my sister told the bus driver and he took care of the rest of the ride on as we kept riding the bus it stopped and Logan seemed very grateful.

In the end as we kept riding the bus the stereotyping towards Logan had faded fast. Logan had seemed very grateful that we helped male it stop. Overall the kid that was stereotyping learned that stereotyping is no good. Why stereotyping? Were all human it shouldn't matter what we like or wear we are all original, and unique in our own way.

I am going to tell you some of my favorite things. Game is the entire Just Dance collection. Songs are Over Again, Story Of My Life, Royals, My Favorite Things, and King Of Everything. Book is The Outsiders. Sport is soccer. Movie is This Is Us which is One Direction’s movie. Colors are blue and green. Animals are cats, and monkeys. Drinks are Arizona Tea, Bob Evans hot cocoa, and Sprite. Foods are tacos, stir fry, and fried chicken. Football team is the Green Bay Packers.


Also my favorite candy is Twix, and all the varieties of Cookie Dough Bites. My Dream vacation is United Kingdom, Ireland, and Bahamas. Boy bands are One Direction, and 5SOS. Girl band is Little Mix. Albums are Up All Night, Take Me Home, DNA. Hobbies are drawing, making crafts, and watching YouTube. Fast food restaurants are Taco Bell, King Gyros, Subway, Sonic, and Little Caesars. Dining restaurants are Bob Evans, Applebees, and Kings Buffet. Places to shop are Claire’s, Justice, and the University Park Mall. Shoe brand is Converse. Last, but not least movie actress is Jennifer Lawrence

4 comments:

  1. Wow Breana, what a full blog post. You shared a lot of information. It was a good idea to explain at the start of your post that there were two different posts, anything that you can do to make it easier for your readers is a good idea. I'm also glad that you split the text up into different paragraphs, that also helped make it easier to read.

    I'm not sure why the font colour changed, I thought it was the start of the new blog post, but that isn't what the text seemed to be saying.

    I look forward to reading your next post. Keep blogging,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed it so it goes along with the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Breana. So…I'm guessing you like N Sync? I'm kidding, One Direction. I really agree to your blog post, stereotypes aren't true most of the time. (Although I just did one with the One Direction guess.) Your blog is very relatable. You have a very colorful blog too. You should check mine out at:
    http://babablacksheep.edublogs.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did check out your blog I really like the setup. I like how you choose Song Of The Week. I did that with my other collaboraters on our website that is trying to help people that are dealing with the effects of (stereotyping and bullying..etc.). Here at teensovercome.blogspot.com. I also like how on the side of your blog you have a place where you can click to other posts and tabs on your blog. Very creative and I like it.

    ReplyDelete